Domain name is a very important aspect of a website. A domain name describes the content of the website and its job and its therefore necessary that you should take special care while registering a new one for starting your site. Domain name should contain the keyword by which it can be determined that the website is meant for a shop/ a company/ a brand or a product it is describing.
It can make a website sound unique. Selecting a perfect domain name that truly describes the intention of the website is not an easy thing to do, but one can make it a bit less tough by following some initial steps towards selecting the proper domain name. It depends upon the selector to make the domain name easy to remember by the users and it should be effective today.
5 top domain name tips for bloggers while registering new one
1. Domain should be presentable. Domain name should properly match with what the website intends to offer. Website name should be there inside the website URL. This makes it easier for the users to remember the website name. One does not need to recapitulate the domain name when he/she is using the website. A problem that occurs with the domain name of maximum website is that the domain name is same but it differs in spelling. Hence, when a user types the domain name for using the website, he/she may end up entering the competitor’s website this in turn can reduce the sale of one’s website.
2. If one is registering new domain name, he/she may find that the effective domain name that perfectly suits the website. Also look whether it is already being used by some other person or company. In this case, one may find out and contact the owner of the domain name and ask for a deal to purchase the domain name from the existing user.
3. Length of the domain name makes is also a factor to consider. The maximum number of characters a domain name can have is limited to 67 characters. It is suggested to have a short domain name for the website as it becomes easy for the users to remember a short name than remembering a long one. There are some long domain names that interestingly are easier to remember than the very short names. The abbreviations of the company’s name can be used as a domain name these are comparatively easier to remember. The abbreviations and short domain names are also easy to type.
4. Domain name must have the right extension. The extensions used in the domain names describe the kind of business one is making the website for. For example- .org, .edu, .net, .com, .in etc. Websites for education uses the extension .edu whereas the website for various kinds of information uses the extension .info.
5. At last the domain names should be meaningful. It is easier to remember and type a meaningful word than a meaningless one.
Purchasing an effective domain name is very important part of starting a website. The above domain name tips for bloggers while registering new one can prove to be extremely helpful for choosing an effective domain name that proves profitable.